5 Best Ways to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone
The loss of data occurs almost every day. You can expect the same from your iPhone as well. There are many reasons why your precious photos may be lost, including accidental deletion, human error, physical damage, an iOS update, jailbreak, factory reset, and others.
In general, you can easily recover deleted photos from your iPhone‘s recently deleted folder if you accidentally deleted them. If you have backed up your photos before, you might be able to restore them permanently. Even if you don’t have a backup, you can retrieve your lost photos by using third-party iPhone recovery software.
It is therefore possible to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone in a few different ways. If you want to recover your lost photos, specify your situation and apply the method that suits you the best.
Method 1: Recover deleted photos from recent folders on iPhone
There are several things you need to know before you can retrieve deleted photos from your iPhone via the “Recently Deleted” feature:
- In the recently deleted album, you can recover photos and videos that you have recently deleted.
- Deleted photos remain in albums for 30 days after they are deleted. As soon as the deadline approaches, you need to recover the permanently deleted photos from your iPhone.
- If you have recently deleted one or a few photos from your iPhone, this feature is available to you. In the event that the entire camera roll is lost or disappeared when you restore your iDevice, sync your iCloud or update iOS, you will not be able to recover your pictures.
You can recover deleted photos or pictures from your iPhone via the “recently deleted” feature by following these steps:
- You can find the recently deleted album by going to the Photos app, tapping albums, and scrolling down
- Check for photos you want to recover by opening the recently deleted album and selecting preview the recently deleted photos.
- Tap on recover in the bottom right corner after selecting the photos you would like to recover.
Method 2: Recover iPhone photos that have been permanently deleted
The items you have removed for more than 40 days will be permanently deleted if you have emptied the recently deleted folder or deleted the photos more than 40 days ago.
When your iPhone photos are permanently deleted, how can you recover them?
Having made an iTunes or iCloud backup before, you can retrieve permanently deleted photos from the iPhone cloud. When you need to recover iPhone photos, you are more likely not to have a backup available. Using a third-party iOS data recovery tool will help you in such a situation.
Your data may be permanently lost if you do not have a proper recovery plan. Don’t lose your important files permanently if you can’t afford them. If you lose your iPhone photos, you’d better download a reliable data recovery app.
As a professional data recovery tool, it can recover deleted WeChat messages, contacts, videos, movies, and more from iPhones and iPad, both with and without backups. Unlike traditional recovery methods like iTunes and iCloud, these tools allow you to restore only desired pictures to your iPhone. The data can be restored photos without a backup, which makes it even more useful.
Method 3: Recover deleted photos from iPhone backups
It is a good idea to create a secure backup of your data if you have ever lost a file on Mac or iPhone so that you can recover it at any time if necessary. It is called AnyTrans for iOS that we recommend for iPhone delete photo backups here.
An iPhone content manager, AnyTrans helps you transfer data between iPhones, from iPhones to Macs, and vice versa. In addition to that, it has a backup manager you can use to back up your photos so that they can be stored securely in a safe place like an external drive. The following steps will guide you through the process of backing up and restoring images:
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to your Mac and open AnyTrans
- In the toolbar, click the backup icon
- Based on your task, choose between backing up and restoring a backup.
Method 4: Recover deleted photos from iPhone using iCloud backups
Apple’s cloud is another method for backing up and syncing your files. The iCloud website might be able to help you recover photos from the photos App’s recently deleted album if you are not able to find them on the app.
You can find the recently deleted folder on iCloud.com by selecting the photos app. There are times when it has images that are not on your iPhone anymore, but it likely mimics what you see on your phone. iCloud.com is a great place to check if you have lost photos before worrying.
You should also consider iPhone backups, which are also stored in iCloud. The most recent version of your iPhone backup is stored in iCloud, which can be used to restore a phone or establish a new one. The following steps will guide you through backing up your iPhone via iCloud:
- On your iPhone, open the settings app
- Click on the banner with your name and profile picture in the top right corner
- You can select iCloud here
- In order to have your iPhone back itself up automatically at night, you need to toggle on the iCloud backup option (note: this option should be toggled on).
- Go to iCloud Backup and tap it
- Click on ‘Back Up Now
You will be able to back up your iPhone to iCloud immediately after doing that. In order for the backup to be initiated and completed, your iPhone may need to be plugged into a power source.
Note: Unlike AnyTrans, iCloud backups are not the most secure way to back up your photos because they consume so much space and can be overwritten.
Method 5: Recover deleted photos from iPhone using iTunes
There are two ways to get back deleted photos on your iPhone if you have an iTunes backup. One is to restore iPhone via iTunes and the other is to selectively restore photos from the backup using a tool.
The difference is that if you perform an iPhone restore, all data and settings on your iOS device will be replaced by the backup content, meaning data loss may occur. While if you use an iPhone recovery tool, you can choose to restore photos only.
To restore all iPhone data from an iTunes backup:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable and trust the computer
- In iTunes, click the “Device” icon and make sure you choose summary.
- Click “restore a backup” and select a backup
- Choose “restore” to start recovering photos and other types of content on your iPhone.
It is possible that you will be able to retrieve deleted iPhone photos successfully or have learned lessons as a result of reading this guide about how to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone. If you lose or delete your iPhone photos, you still have a chance to recover them, but no one can guarantee that you will recover them “100% of the time”. In order to avoid such problems in the future, be sure to back up your iPhone photos and other content regularly. Please feel free to contact us directly if you still have any questions.
Similar Blog: How to Secure iPhone from Hackers?